How do I get more info about SRI Hosting?
I have just signed up for hosting, what steps are next?
- After you sign up for hosting, you will get an email with your Plesk login credentials. Login to plesk as soon as possible, and reset your password for Plesk.
- After you login, to set your FTP password go to "Domains -> Web Hosting Settings"
- Under "Domain -> Mail" you can add email accounts.
How do I upload files to my web site
- FTP is the recommended protocol for uploading files. FileZilla is one FTP program we recommend.
- The server/host name should looks like this: www.YourDomainHere.com
- Your username can be found and changed in Plesk, under "Domain" -> "Web hosting settings"
- Your FTP password can be reset in Plesk, under "Domain" -> "Web hosting settings"
How do I get into my webmail?
- In your web browser go to http://webmail.your-domain.com (replace your-domain.com with your website name).
What settings should I use when setting up my e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) for SRI's shared hosting (Plesk)?
- Server type IMAP/POP
- Server name should looks like this: mail.YourDomainHere.com
- Username needs to be your email address
- Disable secure authentication (disable starttls/ssl/tls) or see below
- Use the default incoming port 143
- Outgoing port (SMTP) should be 587
Should I use secure authentication or SSL on SRI's shared hosting (Plesk)?
- Most modern email clients support SSL. To avoid certificate errors you should use plesk3.srihosting.com as the incoming/outgoing server. If you have any questions on this please feel free to email or call.
How do I get to my control panel for shared hosting?
- In your web browser go to https://your-domain.com:8443 (replace your-domain.com with your website name).
Why do I keep getting failure notices or bounce backs from messages I never sent?
- This is called back scattering by spammers. For more information click here.